Benin Oba Market gutted by fire

Spread the love

Popular Benin Oba Market has been gutted by fire.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire started around noon on Monday and raged till 6pm, before it was put out by firefighters. Traders wept as they lost goods worth Millions, calling out to the government to come to their aid.

Though the actual cause of the fire was not ascertained as at press time, it was learnt that there was no electricity when the blaze started, ruling out the possibility of electrical spark.
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed a thorough probe of the blaze, saying, “Our thoughts and prayers are with those who lost their shops and wares.”

Governor Obaseki, who visited the market, has also set up a committee to probe the fire.

2 Comments

  1. Our condolences with those who lost goods
    Our government is not sufficient but God is
    I pray for recompensation
    It’s sad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince